Monday, August 13, 2012

Eyes

I got out my usual time this morning and it's quite dark now.  I found what seemed to have the strongest beam headlamp and even put on my glasses so I could see any critters in the distance. 

It was absolutely beautiful out.  The air felt nice, crickets were cricketing and the crescent shaped moon with one star next to it was amazing.  It was one of those runs I felt as though I could have run forever, especially in the dark which makes it so much more peaceful.  I only saw one pair of eyes which seemed to belong to a cat and this made me jump.

I intended to have a good run yesterday, but got involved watching the marathon.  By the time I got out it was so muggy, I called it quits before too long.  Saturday George went over to Bradbury to run  with Scout and Squirrel and I decided to go for a ride to a yard sale I saw on Craigslist.  I ended up buying 2 used once bikes.  Shiny blue for me and and black for George.  I decided a bike to the Farmer's Market in Newfield would be a good ride and so that I did. George thought maybe that was 20 miles round trip.  Later on that night we rode together down Blueberry Road which tacked on another 6 miles. I really enjoyed the ride and couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face as we pedaled together.   I figure all I need now is a basket and a Toto dog to make the picture complete!

I hope you have a great day!

Keep dreaming!

No comments: